This policy applies to information we collect when you choose to use this website, use our services or when we obtain services and/or goods from our suppliers.
This website is owned by Origin Architectural and our registered office is at Unit 7 Parkside Industrial Estate, Glover Way, Leeds LS11 5JP. We are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and as of 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) (as applicable the “Legislation”) where we control the purposes for which we process your personal information. We take the appropriate measures to comply with the Legislation.
Any questions about our data protection policy or how we handle your personal data should be addressed to Nick Watson (See Contact information below.)
Personal information provided by you
We collect personal information about you (such as your name, address and contact details such as email address), when you make an enquiry via our website or by phone, when you buy services from us, or when we buy goods or services from you.
Personal information provided by third parties
We may receive information about you from credit agencies if it is necessary to assist us in providing you with requested services and which we will add to the information we already hold in order to supply you with our services.
Sensitive/special category personal information
We may process sensitive personal information in certain situations, for example when carrying out credit checks or specific investigations. If we request such information, we will explain why we are requesting it and how we intend to use it.
We will only process your sensitive personal information with your explicit consent.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you so that we can:
• identify you
• provide the services requested
• if you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you (see ‘Marketing’ section below)
• detect and prevent fraud
• customise our website and its content to your particular preferences
• notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
• improve our services
• comply with our contractual obligations
We use any information submitted to us by you to provide you with further information by post and email about the products and services we offer which you have requested and/or which may be of interest to you. The lawful basis for such processing is to fulfill our contracts and/or because it is in our legitimate business interest to do so.
As part of our services, we may supply an email newsletter or a marketing email, which we use to inform you about products and services supplied by us. You can choose to unsubscribe at any point by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email.
Email marketing campaigns published by us may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscribed activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email consent, times, dates and frequency of activity (this is by no means a comprehensive list).
We may disclose your personal data to:
• our agents, associates, sub-contractors and service providers
• law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of [processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds].
Our staff and sub-contractors are bound by obligations of confidentiality and trained in the protection of personal data. We comply with the Legislation and use the appropriate technical and organisational measures necessary to safeguard your personal data. We only share your personal data with third parties who also comply with the Legislation.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that is transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
We only send your data outside the EEA where we have in place a legal agreement that complies with the Legislation or you provide your express consent.
What can you do to keep your information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
We store your personal data on secure servers for different periods of time depending on the type of data and the purpose for which we are processing it. We hold your personal data for the following periods:
• until we no longer have a reason to hold it in relation to financial data (e.g. we destroy payment details as soon as we have taken a payment)
• 5 years from the date of inquiry for prospective customers
• 5 years from the date on which you cease to be a customer of ours
• until you ask us to destroy it and in each case, unless the law requires us to store the data for a longer period.
What rights do you have?
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals whose personal data is processed:
1. The right to be informed
2. The right of access
3. The right to rectification
4. The right to erasure
5. The right to restrict processing
6. The right to data portability
7. The right to object to processing
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling [(We do not carry out automated decision making and profiling)]
Right to access – i.e., to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold. If you would like a copy of some or all of it, please:
• write to us at Unit 7 Parkside Industrial Estate, Glover Way, Leeds LS11 5JP or email email@example.com
• let us have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving licence or passport); and
• let us know what information you want.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
• email or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below)
• let us have enough information to identify you
• let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Right to remove your details from our records or restrict how we use your information
You can ask us to stop contacting you for particular purposes or remove your information completely from our records. There may be a legal reason why we need to keep your personal data and in that circumstance, we will destroy your personal information as soon as we are legally entitled to do so. If you would like us to stop contacting you with information about our services, please:
• email or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below). You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the newsletter (should we send a mailer).
• let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone).
Right to lodge a complaint with the Supervising Authority
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we use your personal data we hope you will alert us to these directly (see the Contact information below). If you are still unhappy you are entitled to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) which is the supervising authority in the UK. Their contact details and the procedure can be found at www.ico.gov.uk
Need some help? Whether you need full support to order your product, have a quick question or have already bought from us and require some installation instructions, we are here to assist. Browse our help section for the information you need or give us a call on 0113 2774316.
Find all the help you need including installation videos. Need help with installing one of our systems? Watch our installation videos.Watch Now
Have a question? Find the answer on our FAQ page. If you can’t find the information you need, our friendly customer service team are here to help.See More
We offer various delivery options across the UK and next day delivery is available on a 1000's of products. Please read our delivery policy for more information.See Our Policy
Need to chat through what you need? Call our friendly, helpful UK support team who will be happy to help and advise you. 0113 2774316
Our glass balustrade products are both aesthetically pleasing as well as being quick, easy and cost effective to install, so you get the best finish for the best price. You can choose from our different glass balustrade and glass railing systems, that vary in surface finishes, glass thicknesses and purpose, as well as selecting individual balustrade components for bespoke applications.
Our team are all highly experienced in designing and creating glass balustrade systems, and they are here to help you whenever and wherever you need it. Contact us today to discuss your glass balustrade requirements.